Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gabe Sapolsky Talks about the Indy Scene


"Some people look down on independent wrestling. Some people say independent wrestling is better than WWE. I'm a little tired of all of this. There are independent
wrestlers and promotions that suck. There are some that are total amateur hour. However, there are many that are the lifeblood
of the business. Tonight's WWE PPV proves that. I don't like to say either WWE, TNA or independent wrestling is better. WWE is a multi-million dollar blockbuster movie. TNA is a network TV show. Good, professional independent wrestling is Broadway Theater. They all serve their purpose. When an actor learns his craft, finds himself or goes to Broadway for fun or to gain esteem, he isn't looked down on by the fans. He is there to perform his art just as he wants to without all the outside factors/limitations that come with big business corporations. When an actor gets a gig on a network sitcom, he isn't looked down on for making a good paycheck and being a star on that forum. When an actor makes millions on a movie, it's considered the best spot in the business for many. I like to think of professional wrestling, sports entertainment, whatever you call it on those terms. There's lots of great independent wrestlers and promotions out there. Do your research. Find them and you will see the next CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose find himself, become a star and perform their art as they want before they become that million dollar movie star. I consider myself very fortunate to see so many of these amazing talents on the independent wrestling level. On a side note, props to WWE for booking The Shield perfectly from the start until now. When is the last time a wrestler or act has been booked this well? Goldberg in the 90s? I'm not saying my opinion is right or I'm the end all of independent wrestling, but I'm a small cog in the system and this is my opinion. Thanks for hearing me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment